Monday, October 12, 2009

STICKER SHOCK

I recently read an article about the link between people with stickers on their cars and their propensity for road rage.

The study was conducted by a Colorado State University professor one William Szlemko and he discovered that...

"The number of territory markers predicted road rage better than vehicle value, condition, or any of the things that we normally associate with aggressive driving,' quote unquote.

The really interesting part I thought, was that the type of sticker had no bearing on his findings. In other words the "earth biscuits" with their "Jesus Saves" "Co-Exist" and "Visualize World Peace" were just as likely to get in a snit driving as the "keep honking, I'm reloading types."

So, now you know. Give the sticker crowd a wide berth when you see them out there.

PS: As a matter of interest...how many stickers are on your car?

2 comments:

x said...

I have a "Nick Hughes is my co-pilot" sticker.

John Klumpp said...

I have exactly one - a PA EMT sticker on my rear windshield. I hate to put anything on it at all, but something needs to balance the fact that it's a red sports car with a loud exhaust. It could be working, because I've driven a few thousand highway miles well over the speed limit this year and haven't gotten pulled over yet. No road rage either (unless you count cursing the existence of PENDOT).