Sunday, January 21, 2007

Who's Trying to Kill You?

I had to laugh. I saw yet another "unmade waterbed" aka an obese guy at the range with a gun a few weeks ago. Alright, I'll be politically correct, I won't say he was overweight, let's just say he was about two feet too short for where he tipped the scales.

He had a cigarette in his mouth, a gut that had obviously been "built" over years of eating trans fats and drinking beer and was scarfing down a plate of barbecue, slaw and bread rolls.

He talked to me while I was waiting till I got my own plate of food and started going on about the need to defend himself, and how he was shooting as much as he could in a bid to be ready when the bad guys came "a breakin into his house."

I had to bite my lip so damn hard I drew blood in a bid not to burst out laughing. The only guy trying to kill this guy was himself. Close on 100 pounds overweight, a smoker, a heavy drinker and none to careful about his food intake I couldn't help but think the stress of someone even trying to kick his door in would initiate the heart attack that would kill him.

What a shame. All those years on the range and all those rounds fired learning to kill someone when he was killing himself.

So, how about you? Is your diet as good as it could be? Do you smoke? Do you get so drunk a fifteen year old could kick your ass? Who is out to get you?

I guess what I'm trying to say is beware the enemy within.

Nick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true. Who would have guessed under that scary facade lies a sense of humor!

Marc said...

Since this was posted I'm down 25lbs

Thanks, as always, for the kick in the ass.